Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Megan's Kentucky Derby Bridal Shower

In honor of my big sister getting married this past weekend, I though this would be the perfect time to show y'all her bridal shower!!

It was a Kentucky Derby theme because it was held on the same day as the race!


I knew I wanted it to be held outside, and my Aunt's yard was the perfect spot.  Minus the wind, the day turned out perfectly!

 I kept the food simple with club sandwiches (Megan's favorite), fruit, veggies, and pasta salad

 The drinks may be my favorite part of the entire shower!!  I covered the table with turf and served iced tea, with 3 different simple syrups (regular, peach, and blackberry)
The cocktail was a mint julep sweet tea, and it was delicious!! 
 I made ribbons with their wedding date on them

 close up shot of the mint julep sweet tea
The centerpieces of each table was a different cake

 Each place setting had a bow shaped napkin!


 The pink and green things in the jar were used in one of the shower games we played.  Instead of having to write each guest held up one side or the other depending on the answer to the questions.  The last guest "standing" was the winner!


 close up of the food table

This was my second favorite part, the decorations on the food table.  I used burlap, ribbon, trimmings and horseshoes to add some flair to the front of the table

I had so much fun planning this shower!! 

I cannot believe we both are MARRIED now!!!

enjoy!

mGs

No comments:

Post a Comment