Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"I Do" Tuesday- Save the Dates

Remember when I said last week I had a great post planned??  Well this is it!!

With planning our engagement pictures, I have been looking around for cute "Save the Dates" ideas.  I am a sucker for all things Etsy, and I found the cutest burlap banner with the date of the wedding painted on each panel.  I fell in LOVE with it and knew immediately I wanted it to be incorporated into our engagement pictures!!  But the more I looked at it online, the more my mom told me that we could totally make it for less than what we would buy it for!!  After being a little skeptical, we went and bought what we needed to make it, and she was right, it was cheaper to make it ourselves!!  I do not remember the exact cost, but I think it was around 12 dollars!!  

Here is what I used:
1. burlap 
2. any color paint, I used white and navy blue
3. rope/twine
4. scrap fabric
5. number stencil

First my mom cut out 5 triangles from the burlap and sewed the top over for a spot to put the rope through.  Then she cut out hearts from old fabric scraps that we had and sewed them on 2 of the triangles.


Then I traced our date onto paper and that is what I used as the stencil.    

I placed the stencil under each triangle and used a small paint brush to outline the numbers. 



 

 Then I went back and painted the insides of each number.  The picture on the left is after the first coat and the right picture is after the second coat.

I then let them dry!

 Finally I strung each panel on the piece of rope and this is what I ended up with!!!!


It really only took me about 15 minutes to paint the date then about 15 minutes for them to dry.  It was totally worth it making this ourselves!!!  I love it! and I cannot wait for y'all to see it in our Save the Dates!!!

I hope this inspired y'all to start DIYing and expect more projects because I know I will totally be a DIY bride!!

mSs

No comments:

Post a Comment