Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New take on the old gingerbread house tradition!!

Each Christmas, my family (really just my niece and myself) assembles and decorates a gingerbread house to set out and be admired throughout the holiday season.  But this year, my sister found this awesome product, The Candy Cottage ( What Rockett was helping to decorate it yesterday!) that we decided to give a try instead of the traditional gingerbread house.

This is what the Candy Cottage looks like.  It is already put together and it is the color of gingerbread so it is really hard to tell the difference after it is all decorated.


Last night, Avery and I decorated her Candy Cottage for Christmas.  It was so much fun, and so much easier to do then the normal gingerbread house, not to mention it took half of the time.  In my opinion, the worst part of a gingerbread house is assemblying it, and the best part is decorating it, and with the Candy Cottage you get to skip the assembly and start decorating!!
Avery getting ready to start decorating!!  It was super easy!!! We just slapped on some white icing and started decorating away!!!  I loved hearing the great ideas that Avery came up with for what each different candy should be used for!!  She was the one who thought to use the peppermint bark as stones on the side of the house!!

The finished product!!!

Like I said earlier, this is such a great idea, and so much fun to do with little ones!!!  Check out their website, it has so many ideas as to how to decorate the cottage for other holidays and seasons!!!

mSs

No comments:

Post a Comment