Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Recap!!

Who does not love Memorial Day??  
We get to celebrate the amazing men and women in the armed forces who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom by cooking out, day drinking, learning new games to make day drinking more entertaining, and spending time with our family and friends.

We started the weekend off with a graduation party.  While there, the boys played the normal games of corn hole and beer pong while the girls were indulging in these...
there were quite a few more, I forgot to snap a picture until this was all that was left!! 

back to the boys...  Later in the night one of them pulled out this game... no one knows the name of it so I will just call it "Beer Frisbee".   


The basic rules are to knock the beer bottle off the pole by throwing a frisbee at it.  If it fall the bottle and frisbee must be caught in order for the other team not to gain any points.  The most entertaining part of the game was watching to boys jump, dive, and do just about anything to not let both things hit the ground.

Sorry for the poor quality of this picture, but I had to include it, if you look, they both failed miserably at catching the bottle and frisbee. 
      
Fast forward to Sunday...  
We are sitting at my Ninnin's eating lunch and Matt and I are describing Beer Frisbee to everyone and convinced them to make this to play later at the cook out my Mom and Dad were hosting.

We made it, and it was a hit!!
Brooke and I decided to play against my sister's fiance and my husband and to their surprise, we were not half bad!!  
The game was tied, and It was the boy's turn to throw.  Matt threw to frisbee and it was coming right towards me.  I just knew I was going to catch it... I just did not expect to catch it with my FACE!!
That stupid frisbee hit me dead in the mouth!!!

Sorry for this horrible picture!!
It does not look bad, but it hurt!!

I quit playing after my injury, but I did remember to take a picture with my great teammate!


oh yea... my sister gets married SATURDAY!! Lets hope my lip looks better... or that her photographer can photoshop me back to normal!!


I had to include these two cuties having a ball drawing with chalk on everything but the sidewalk!!

 



I hope everyone had a fantastic and injury free Memorial Day!!

Enjoy!
mGs

No comments:

Post a Comment